Meine Buchungen
King of Prussia
  • Visit England 1 2 3 4

King of Prussia History

Built on the site of a much older house, the King of Prussia dates from the late 17th century. The Inn is thought to be named after the smuggler and privateer John Carter, nicknamed “the King of Prussia cove”. Carter is said to have resided at the Inn in the 1780’s.


At this time an ex-revenue officer turned smuggler, named Richard Kingcup, kept another Inn on the quay, the Crown and Anchor which once stood on the site of the present British Legion.

1886 saw the demolition and rebuild of the Inn, and changes from 2 to 3 storeys, with the exception of the front steps, which were built in 1909 by Walter Hicks. This Facade remains much the same to this day.

In 1895 the lease was sold to Walter Hicks. Walter Hicks being founder of Hicks & Company which later became St. Austell Brewery. The Brewery holds the lease to this day and the building and land still belong to the Treffy family.
The King of Prussia has also been known as the Kings Arms and the Kings Hotel and has had over 30 landlords since 1765.

 
Nach oben scrollen.

Diese Webseite wird bearbeitet durch King of Prussia, 3 Town Quay, Fowey, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, PL23 1AT, Vereinigtes Königreich. Steuer / USt.-Nummer: 869052302. Wir verwenden Cookies, um sicherzustellen, dass Sie das bestmögliche Erlebnis haben, und alle personenbezogenen Daten, die während Ihres Besuchs weitergegeben werden, sind durch unsere Datenschutzrichtlinien geschützt.

Unsere Webseite wird betrieben und bearbeitet durch eviivo Limited, 154 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9JE, United Kingdom. Eintragung: 05002392 Steuer / USt.-Nummer: 877374571 . eviivo übernimmt keine Verantwortung für den auf dieser Webseite angezeigten Inhalt und sie betreiben die Webseite in unserem Auftrag gemäß der folgenden Datenschutzrichtlinien

Durch die Nutzung dieser Webseite stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies und unseren Datenschutzrichtlinien zu.


Mehr Informationen