Mi Reserva
King of Prussia
  • Visit England 1 2 3 4

King of Prussia History

Built on the site of a much older house, the King of Prussia dates from the late 17th century. The Inn is thought to be named after the smuggler and privateer John Carter, nicknamed “the King of Prussia cove”. Carter is said to have resided at the Inn in the 1780’s.


At this time an ex-revenue officer turned smuggler, named Richard Kingcup, kept another Inn on the quay, the Crown and Anchor which once stood on the site of the present British Legion.

1886 saw the demolition and rebuild of the Inn, and changes from 2 to 3 storeys, with the exception of the front steps, which were built in 1909 by Walter Hicks. This Facade remains much the same to this day.

In 1895 the lease was sold to Walter Hicks. Walter Hicks being founder of Hicks & Company which later became St. Austell Brewery. The Brewery holds the lease to this day and the building and land still belong to the Treffy family.
The King of Prussia has also been known as the Kings Arms and the Kings Hotel and has had over 30 landlords since 1765.

 
Desplácese hacia arriba

Esta página web es editada por King of Prussia, 3 Town Quay, Fowey, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, PL23 1AT, Reino Unido. Número de Impuesto / IVA: 869052302. Utilizamos cookies para asegurarnos de que tenga la mejor experiencia y cualquier información personal compartida durante su visita esté protegida por nuestra política de privacidad

Nuestra página web fue creada y está alojada por eviivo sociedad limitada, 154 Pentonville Road, Londres, N1 9JE, Reino Unido. Registro: 05002392 Número de Impuesto / IVA: 877374571 . eviivo no tiene responsabilidad por el contenido que se muestra en esta página web, y opera la página web en nuestro nombre bajo la siguiente política de privacidad

Al utilizar está página web, usted acepta nuestro uso de cookies y los términos de nuestra política de privacidad